logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: possible bug found in 2.2
Author
shaggy

PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan '06 3:10    Post subject: possible bug found in 2.2 Reply with quote

Ok I think I have found a bug in 2.2 This one is kind of hard to explain but here goes......

ApacheMonitor loads up at boot no problem at all.
Apache is started as a service and is started.
Apache has no problem running nor no errors.
The error is with apachemonitor (at boot)--->The center of my apache monitor is red and not green.
So I go into admin--->services and is started with no problem. I then go ahead and pull up a web browser and run http://computername/ There is no problem pulling it up apache monitor still shows red.

This is the second time this happened. I have no problem navigating threw the computer name files.
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan '06 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have earlier version of Apache installed on your system?

It sounds like the Service was not un-installed from a prior version. If that's the case then you have to use the Command Prompt to un-install the Service , then re-install the Service using your current version of Apache.

Some MSI installs from ASF DO NOT REMOVE THE APACHE SERVICE as they should. I have experienced this three times, and each time it was the same thing. This is due to a poorly written MSI file ( a much misunderstood concept - MSI's that is).

Reply to topic   Topic: possible bug found in 2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic