logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Service fails to start on Win2003 Server
Author
drekow

PostPosted: Mon 23 Oct '06 21:24    Post subject: Apache Service fails to start on Win2003 Server Reply with quote

I am very new to Apache and the issue I am having is getting the Apache service to start. When I try to start the sevice I get an error that says it cant start and to check the event viewer for error message. I go to event viewer and the error I receive is

"The Apache service named reported the following error: >>> can't get fastcgi file info: /www/php5/php-cgi.exe, errno: 720997"

I google the error number and it returns a site in another language but the jist of it was the attributes were wrong so I try changing the attributes of the folder but it keeps coming back as read only.

I checked the windows directory and the required files are in there and the file listed in the error is also in the directory it is suppose to be in. Any help would be better than nothing at all.

The system is a web server so IIS is running on the system. Is there something that needs to be done. I have the site and location in the IIS manager so could there be a conflict between the IIS manager and the Apache?

Thank you,
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 23 Oct '06 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzles me a little.

Which version of Apache you have and where did you download?

You try to run fastcgi ?

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Service fails to start on Win2003 Server View previous topic :: View next topic