logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.
Author
spankme

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 1:34    Post subject: apache 2. Reply with quote

Hello ... I have installed the Apache server and I have gotten a IP redirect from no-ip.com Now I am in way over my head. I have searched All over the Apache web site and have No Where found anything that even resembles a tutorial for opperating the thing...
What I want to do is Simply Host a web-site on my PC and have people be able to log on to it....
Can anyone help explain how to do this.. I installed the Apache Conf thingy... It seemed to get me a bit closer... But I am still lost!
Thank You ......
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us more precisely what the problem is. What you tried and what errors you get.

What version of Apache did you install ?

Is http://localhost/ working ?

Indeed there are not a lot tutorial of Apache. The documentation on the apache site should be enough.

Steffen
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a quite good tutorial for you at http://mpcon.org/apacheguide/index.php .

Steffen
ahowell

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan '06 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need help with installing/running Apache 2.05x server. I installed it, but whenever I try to run it, an error comes up in the console saying that the port is unavailible. I already have Apache Tomcat installed on the machine, as well as being connected to a local network, so Port 80 and 8080 won't work. I tried switching it to 8000 in the httpd.config file, but that didn't work either.

Ultimately I want to be able to run and use Tortoise SVN, but without at least Apache 2.0 running, it's a no go.

(I had Tortoise installed before I realised I needed Apache 2.0, so I installed 2.0, made the addends according to the Tortoise instructions, but couldn't get it to work. Since then I uninstalled Tortoise and Apache 2.0, then reinstalled Apache...but I still am having issues w/Apache! Plus now I'll have to re-download Tortoise! Confused )

Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2. View previous topic :: View next topic