logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_proxy_ajp
Author
dwh

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 19:00    Post subject: mod_proxy_ajp Reply with quote

I am having a problem with the Apache 2.2/Tomcat 5.5.12 connection using mod_proxy_ajp. My problem appears to be that Tomcat is trying to server all the web pages installed to it. Because of this, all static pages are coming up with 404 errors.

This is my config file for the manager parts of Tomcat and the documentation. This is obviously not the complete config file. Let me know if that is needed.

<Location /tomcat-docs/>
ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/tomcat-docs/
ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/tomcat-docs/
</Location>

<Location /manager/status/>
ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/manager/status/
ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/manager/status/
</Location>

<Location /manager/html/>
ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/manager/html
ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/manager/html
</Location>

These are the three that are failing right now. The docs don't work at all. All come up with 404 errors. All are html files.

The jsp portions of the manager work, but the doc files, help files and pictures at the top (Tomcat and Jakarta feather) all fail. The pictures are gifs and the docs are html files. The other issue I have with the manager is switching between "server status" and "full server status". Switching from server to full server works, but clicking on the "button" again comes up with a 404 instead of switching back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not running Tomcat at the moment, so not sure I can help.

Is the "normal" ProxyPass working ?

For example:
ProxyPass /manager/status/ http://localhost:8009/manager/status/
ProxyPassReverse /manager/status/ http://localhost:8009/manager/status/

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_proxy_ajp View previous topic :: View next topic