logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: latest branch off svn
Author
glsmith

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jun '08 17:41    Post subject: latest branch off svn Reply with quote

Well...the good news is my latest branch pull from the SVN (R662145) compiles w/o problem in VC6 anyway, however

[Sat May 31 23:27:30 2008] [crit] (OS 109)The pipe has been ended. : setup_inherited_listeners: Unable to read socket data from parent
[Sat May 31 23:27:30 2008] [crit] Parent: child process exited with status 3 -- Aborting.

They've been changing prefork I noticed among other things, I just cannot see where any of the "other" things could be causing this ... then again, that is blind assumption since I do not know which "pipe" is breaking down and where these things are located in the source.

Reverting working copy back 24+/- hours to R661231, rebuild and it works again.
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jun '08 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok .. so I guess I jumped the gun a little bit. I must of pulled a bad file or something cause pulling this morning (no commits but to docs since Saturday) and everything works again.

G
adonat

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jun '08 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACT same error I was getting when trying to run the IPV6 build on Windows XP SP2. Had to go to IPV4 build. I don't even think Windows XP supports IPV6.

Also I had to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup to get it to work. Otherwise I was getting another obscure error. Thank god for Google. Maybe there should be a note for Apache noobs like me.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=47&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=bd2a6171-e2d6-4230-b809-9a8d7548c1b6&u=details.aspx%3ffamilyid%3d9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF%26displaylang%3den[/url]
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jun '08 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

adonat, thanks for the comments

I'll be darn, that IS the same exect error. That was building a vanilla Apache, no IPv6 enabled or configured.

I build with VC6 which does not require the VC8/9 redist however.

Gregg

Reply to topic   Topic: latest branch off svn View previous topic :: View next topic