logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: HTTPD.EXE could not reliably determine the servers
Author
mase2hot

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '08 16:40    Post subject: HTTPD.EXE could not reliably determine the servers Reply with quote

Hi,

ok I've installed apache, when I go to http://localhost I get the message it works. But when I restart the service I get the error HTTPD.EXE could not reliably determine the servers fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.100 for servername. I've looked on google now for 2 days tried messing with localhost, 8080, 127.0.0.1 to no avail. So I thought it may be something to do with vista so I installed it on my PC which has Windows XP. Same problem! I've turned off virus scanners, could it be anything to do with my router? My IP is 192.168.1.100 which is not DHCP its static...

Also something which I think is stange but me be normal. When I change the servername and restart I get the exact same message even if I change the IP to say 192.168.1.105 it still comes back with error HTTPD.EXE could not reliably determine the servers fully qualified domain name, using 192.168.1.100 for servername. Should the ip address update in the error?

please help!!!
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '08 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your system apparently doesn't have a registered DNS name.

Edit the file conf\httpd.conf and look for the section which says:
Quote:
If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
Just below this comment, add the directive:
Code:
ServerName 192.168.1.100:80

If you want your server to be visible outside your local network, you will need a registered DNS name for it.
If you have one (or if you get one in the future) - use this name instead of 192.168.1.100 in the ServerName directive.

-tom-
mase2hot

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '08 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have those details in, and stlll get that message.....
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '08 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm.... That's the directive which should supress this message. It does so with Apache 2.2.9 on Windows (you don't mention your version).

Are you sure you are editing the correct httpd.conf file, and that there is no pound-sign (#) in front of the directive (which would make it a comment)?

-tom-
mase2hot

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '08 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Your a genius! I had a # infront of it! How stupid am I!!!

Now when I try to run a script with <? phpinfo() ; ?> the page doesn't load. Problems problems for me!
adonat

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul '08 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

mase2hot wrote:
OMG! Your a genius! I had a # infront of it! How stupid am I!!!

Now when I try to run a script with <? phpinfo() ; ?> the page doesn't load. Problems problems for me!

Do you have short tags turned off in the 'php.ini" file. I am asking becasue you used '<?' instead of '<?php' as the opening tag. I use full tags for portability.

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

I just got done throwing to together a server package with a couple bells and whistles and at first everything was a little overwhelming.
glevert

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul '08 3:23    Post subject: Apache startup console completely black? Help! Reply with quote

When I start Apache (manually - Start Apache in Console), all I get is a black console. Also, when I mouse over the Apache icon in the Windows tray, the caption lable says: "No services installed".

Any clue what I am doing wrong?

THanks
Guy
glevert

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul '08 3:26    Post subject: Apache seems to be working.... Reply with quote

Me again,...

If I enter localhost:8080 in the address line (I use Firefox), I get a web page with "It works!" on it only?

THanks again
Guy
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul '08 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

the page "it works" shows that apache runs! That is very ok Wink

Reply to topic   Topic: HTTPD.EXE could not reliably determine the servers View previous topic :: View next topic