logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.14
Author
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 26 Sep '09 11:31    Post subject: Apache 2.2.14 Reply with quote

Hi Steffen,
2.2.14 will come out soon. Did you already compile it?
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 26 Sep '09 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, planned it today and do first some testing.

Steffen
glsmith

PostPosted: Sun 27 Sep '09 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me this is not going to make release even tho they have the votes. I do not think the fact that mod_proxy_scgi does not have any build files for Windows will stop it, no, who cares about Windows but the Sun Studio bug just might.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 27 Sep '09 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I skimed only the 58 files for the vote from 2.2.14
isn't Günter Knauf working on it? Also the guy used an old version of openssl. Let's wait and see.
glsmith

PostPosted: Sun 27 Sep '09 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sun Studio one? Yes he did. He also added the mod_proxy_scgi build for Netware post T&R. And yes, it is an old patched version of SSL. But look

Which brings to something sort of off topic and regards the plague of 2.2.5.

I've noticed how the Linux distro's get away with distributing Apache/other stuff even though the version has not be released ... they call it the old version and up their internal build number.

Look at Rudiger's (I think) RHEL's openssl version. I know he's not running around with a old vulnerable version ... RH just has patched their old version a few times to keep it current.

I think if the same or similar case that led AL to releasing 2.2.5 which caused big uproar, this would be the way to get away with it without a peep from ASF.

For example, since there are quite a few security related fixes in 2.2.14, just call it 2.2.13-02 or something similar and release should it not be released and takes another month or two to get a 2.2.15 release.
joy

PostPosted: Mon 28 Sep '09 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache 2.2.14 (x64) download: http://ko-kr.co.cc/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.14 View previous topic :: View next topic