logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: VC08-Manifest files?
Author
Lutz-R. Frank

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec '05 13:11    Post subject: VC08-Manifest files? Reply with quote

Steffen,

one question - when I use Visual Studio 2005 to compile Apache2.2, I don't get the new VC8 Manifest and dll's - and they seem not to be neccessary - at least with my binaries. Speed seems comparable as yours.

Strange - sometimes Windows (or MS) really acts weird.

Thanks for all your support,

Lutz
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec '05 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need them if you have .NET framework 2.0 installed.

I have them included in the binary, so users that does not have installed the Framework 2.0 can still run Apache 2.2

I followed the recommendation from Microsoft, see :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zebw5zk9.aspx

Please tell what is weird ?

Steffen
Lutz-R. Frank

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec '05 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird -- I must confess, most probably only (mainly) me fighting with my programing expertise using the new tools Wink

Thanks for the link - I should spend more time reading the 'right' chapters on MSDN ...

Lutz
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec '05 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked as a Software QA Tester for years as well as Install Engineer, and one of the first things I learned in testing on MS OS's is: most people are not aware of what exactly happens when most popular IDE's are installed on their systems. In exact, the number of DLL's that are installed and registered without notifying or properly documenting these files and their dependencies (both internally and externally). Hence, the weird things that happen.

More than a few times, I have received builds for testing that would not work properly or at all because file dependencies were not included after an upgrade to the IDE or other necessary inclusion. No big deal, but it sure gets your attention in a hurry. Shocked

Reply to topic   Topic: VC08-Manifest files? View previous topic :: View next topic