logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 no IPv6
Author
cryptodan

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec '09 7:37    Post subject: Apache 2.2 no IPv6 Reply with quote

I want to build Apache 2.2.14 without any referrence to IPv6. I have removed IPv6 support from the Kernel, because I find it useless on a small home LAN.

How would I tell apr to leave out IPv6 when compiling?
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec '09 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nix
./configure --help doesn't say anything
in srclib/apr/include/apr.h.in .. line 210

in srclib/apr/include/apr.hw .. line 279 Windows (it's off by default)

#define APR_HAVE_IPV6 0
cryptodan

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec '09 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want to have this option:

-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)

I want strict IPv4 only not this IPv6 forced crap.
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 03 Dec '09 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ...

-D APR_HAVE_IPV6 is a runtime switch, and it's going to look for
<IfDefine APR_HAVE_IPV6>
in your config files.

_HAVE_ to me says Yes, I HAVE ipv6. Setting it to 0 should disable that part of the codebase I would think, but I'm just a Windows dude (like this site, Apache on Windows).

And since were talking *nix, running ./Configure, it's going to check the system and set that option appropriately. If you've ripped IPv6 out of the kernel, it will not find it .. will it and that is the first step you are going to have to do to "build" apache.

I did do a --disable-ipv6 and it set
#define APR_HAVE_IPV6 to 0 in apr.h
whereas without --disable-ipv6 it set it to 1, since the kernel has IPv6.

but like I said, I'm more a Windows user and only play with Linux on occasion (cause that box is pretty slow).

So, how about you go to the horses mouth, subscribe to the dev [at] apr.apache.org list and ask the folks that wrote it?

and BTW .. the ./configure option for IPv4 mapped is
--enable-mapped-ipv4
cryptodan

PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec '09 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already got an IPv6 free Linux Kernel it took a few times to compile it due to me being tired after a 12 hour shift.

So it shouldn't be finding anything related to IPv6 on my Slackware system. Maybe this is a bug in the script.

After 4 recompiles it finally built with no IPv6 support.

For others in my situation I am providing my Linux Configuration Command Line options:

./configure --bindir=/usr/bin --sysconfdir=/etc/apache2 --enable-so --with-program-name=apache2 --enable-userdir=shared --enable-deflate=shared --enable-speling=shared --enable-include=shared --enable-rewrite=shared --enable-cgid=shared --enable-info=shared --enable-suexec=shared --enable-unique-id=shared --enable-usertrack=shared --enable-expires=shared --enable-cern-meta=shared --enable-mime-magic=shared --enable-headers=shared --enable-auth-dbm=shared --enable-cgi=shared --enable-asis=shared --enable-auth-digest=shared --enable-actions=shared --enable-file-cache=shared --enable-cache=shared --enable-disk-cache=shared --enable-mem-cache=shared --enable-ssl=shared --sbindir=/usr/sbin --with-included-apr --disable-mapped-ipv4

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 no IPv6 View previous topic :: View next topic