logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: compiling mod_proxy_html on Windows
Author
GreenMotion

PostPosted: Thu 21 Aug '08 16:48    Post subject: compiling mod_proxy_html on Windows Reply with quote

Compiling Apache on Windows is not my strong suit, but was able to get a clean build of Apache 2.2.9 going.

I now have the need to compile mod_proxy_html on Windows as well. I looked at the pre-compiled binary of the latest mod_proxy_html on this site -- and though it is awesome you guys have one available -- I have the need to get the latest version compiled on MS Visual Studio 2005. Sad

Would anyone here have any instructions on how to get this compiled on Windows? I tried doing it thru apxs on win32, but that didn't work very well Sad

Any feedback would glady be appreciated.

Thank you,

[GM]
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug '08 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you need to build and install libxml2. Download and expand ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/libxml2-sources-2.6.32.tar.gz

Open a "Visual Studio 2005 command prompt" window.
Set a couple of environment variables for your Apache installation directory, and for your directory with the libxml2 source:
Code:
SET APACHE=C:\Apache2
SET LIBXML2=C:\work\libxml2-2.6.32

Change to the libxml2-2.6.32\win32 directory to build and install libxml2 (expect a few benign C4133 warnings):
Code:
CSCRIPT  /E:jscript  configure.js  iconv:no vcmanifest:yes iso8859x:yes
NMAKE    /f Makefile.msvc
COPY /Y   bin.msvc\libxml2.dll  "%APACHE%\bin"
If the CSCRIPT command doesn't work for you, you might need to install the Microsoft Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP.

Next, download and expand http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/mod_proxy_html.zip
Change to the mod_proxy_html directory to build and install mod_proxy_html using APXS from the Apache Lounge downloads page:
Code:
REM APXS compile - single long line
"%APACHE%\bin\apxs" -c -I "%LIBXML2%\include" mod_proxy_html.c libhttpd.lib libapr-1.lib libaprutil-1.lib "%LIBXML2%\win32\bin.msvc\libxml2.lib"

REM APXS install
"%APACHE%\bin\apxs" -i  mod_proxy_html.so

Note that this builds libxml2 without full iconv (multi-language) support. Changing libxml2 to use the Apache iconv instead of the regular iconv would require some code changes to libxml2. This libxml2 will support most latin (ISO 8859-x) languages however. This isn't usually important for mod_proxy_html because it is concerned with text inside HTML tags, not with the text between tags.

Hope this helps,
-tom-
GreenMotion

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug '08 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom; I appreciate the detailed instructions. I will give it a whirl shortly.

Thank you again!
Krischu

PostPosted: Fri 07 May '10 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdonovan wrote:
First you need to build and install libxml2. Download and expand ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/libxml2-sources-2.6.32.tar.gz

Open a "Visual Studio 2005 command prompt" window.
Set a couple of environment variables for your Apache installation directory, and for your directory with the libxml2 source:
Code:
SET APACHE=C:\Apache2
SET LIBXML2=C:\work\libxml2-2.6.32

Change to the libxml2-2.6.32\win32 directory to build and install libxml2 (expect a few benign C4133 warnings):
Code:
CSCRIPT  /E:jscript  configure.js  iconv:no vcmanifest:yes iso8859x:yes
NMAKE    /f Makefile.msvc
COPY /Y   bin.msvc\libxml2.dll  "%APACHE%\bin"
If the CSCRIPT command doesn't work for you, you might need to install the Microsoft Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP.

Next, download and expand http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/mod_proxy_html.zip
Change to the mod_proxy_html directory to build and install mod_proxy_html using APXS from the Apache Lounge downloads page:
Code:
REM APXS compile - single long line
"%APACHE%\bin\apxs" -c -I "%LIBXML2%\include" mod_proxy_html.c libhttpd.lib libapr-1.lib libaprutil-1.lib "%LIBXML2%\win32\bin.msvc\libxml2.lib"

REM APXS install
"%APACHE%\bin\apxs" -i  mod_proxy_html.so

Note that this builds libxml2 without full iconv (multi-language) support. Changing libxml2 to use the Apache iconv instead of the regular iconv would require some code changes to libxml2. This libxml2 will support most latin (ISO 8859-x) languages however. This isn't usually important for mod_proxy_html because it is concerned with text inside HTML tags, not with the text between tags.

Hope this helps,
-tom-

Hi,
I'm trying to follow these steps. VS2008, though but the actual problem is that I don't find the libxml2 sources.

--
Christoph
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 07 May '10 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the source code from xmlsoft.org
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 09 May '10 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I wrote that.

The current version of libxml2 is version 2.7.7 at ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/libxml2-sources-2.7.7.tar.gz.

You can always just look at ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/ to see what's available.

If you really want the old version, look in ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/old/.

-tom-

Reply to topic   Topic: compiling mod_proxy_html on Windows View previous topic :: View next topic