logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: How to click on a button and play a video
Author
aprilcomingsoon

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun '10 19:41    Post subject: How to click on a button and play a video Reply with quote

I use render tool to play a video.
$RenderTool.renderInline($SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0"), 'Front Page Video')

But each time i open the website and the video automatically starts. Is there a way to play the video until I click the "start "button?

thanks, [/code]
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jun '10 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Software / programming language do you use? OTOH The generated html code is the important and the streaming software you use. e.g. Flashplayer or just embed code?
aprilcomingsoon

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jun '10 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Apache Velocity and html in dreamweaver. After finishing the coding , i copy the code to Avid News content manager to run it. It is just embedded code.

http://news2.byu.edu/
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jun '10 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easy to solve. Inside the URL there is a autostart=true just set it to false Wink
aprilcomingsoon

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jun '10 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

"autostart" works for the regular html. but when i use Velocity render tool as below, it is not working.

<embed $RenderTool.renderInline($SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0"), 'Front Page Video') autostart="false"></embed>

by the way , i try not using $RenderTool.renderInline but only $SearchTool.getByID as following. But no video is showing on the website this time.

<object height="344" width="500">
<param value="$SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0")" name="movie" />

<param value="true" name="allowFullScreen" />
<param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><embed height="344" width="500" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" param autostart="false" src="$SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0")" value></embed></object>

James, do you have any thoughts.?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jun '10 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at your website and you "loop" to much code Wink html , head, body repeated too often.

Did I get you wrong? You want to start the video on page load? If yes, it works. When I click on the page the video begins to play.
aprilcomingsoon

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun '10 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

James , i do not want to start the video on page load. I want to click "start " button and then the video begins. "autostart = "false" " is not working when i am using velocity render tool

thanks
aprilcomingsoon

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun '10 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i solved the problem . i created two files.

$RenderTool.renderInline($SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0"), 'JW FLV FRONT2')

JW FLV FRONT2 refers to second file which is below
$MetaData.set($MetaData.NAME, 'JW FLV FRONT2')
$MetaData.set($MetaData.OBJECTTYPE, 'ikASF')
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<object height="400" width="532">
<param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is8NkPFN3Ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" name="movie" />

<param value="true" name="allowFullScreen" />
<param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><embed height="400" width="532" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is8NkPFN3Ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0"></embed></object>

But when i use render tool which is $RenderTool.renderInline($SearchTool.getByID("6b78a4fd-0a19-4033-015c-c48bd3b4e2b0"), 'JW FLV FRONT2'), i do not use getByID at all. is there a way to simplify my code
?

Reply to topic   Topic: How to click on a button and play a video View previous topic :: View next topic