logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP VC6 or VC9 with Apachelounge Apache Build?
Author
flatcircle

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec '10 23:47    Post subject: PHP VC6 or VC9 with Apachelounge Apache Build? Reply with quote

Hello,

Because the releases of Apache from Apachelounge are compiled with Visual Studio C++ 2008 (VC9), do I have to use the VC9 version of PHP as well?

If I use VC6, will this cause unstable behaviour?

What's the best practice?

Regards.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec '10 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is works for you, you should use VC9 TS as module or VC9 NTS with fcgid. The VC9 binaries are a bit faster than the VC6 ones.

I never tried to load the VC6 php module into apache, but if it works there is not disadvantace, but a very little less speed.
flatcircle

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec '10 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice...so many choices Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP VC6 or VC9 with Apachelounge Apache Build? View previous topic :: View next topic