logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: httPHPdSSL-Win64 Release 15 Page Previous  1, 2
Author
wm003

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct '11 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virsacer wrote:
Is the performance difference so big that you cant use the ts version?
I'm currently reorganising my build structure - When its working again, I can try the nts version...

The main problem lies in the httpd.exe when php is implemented via module. the exe eats much of memory (maybe its the used oracle driver) and does not really free it again. So if the day goes by, apache process eats up to the whole memory and slows down the whole server. limiting the apache memory to force a restart does not really work with php as module for me, becaus apache mostly hangs then.

All thes problems are gone when i use mod_fcgid. The server runs for ages without any restart/reboot/memory leak Smile

on the other hand, while i am using fcgid, i can easily define which parts of the website should use a differente php-cgi.exe (i renamed php-cgi.exe to many different ones). This is used for background task monitoring.

on for that the nts version is necessary. It works like a charm on 32-Bit Servers , but now i need to go x64 so i would like to get all php components which work in 32 Bit, in 64 bit also without really changing the configuration.

It would be _very_ nice it you are able to compile the nts version also.

I really appreciate your great work you still did on your packagee and it helped me a lot at my first x64 tries. Thumps up! Smile
zx9

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct '11 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

wm003 wrote:
Virsacer wrote:
Is the performance difference so big that you cant use the ts version?
I'm currently reorganising my build structure - When its working again, I can try the nts version...

The main problem lies in the httpd.exe when php is implemented via module. the exe eats much of memory (maybe its the used oracle driver) and does not really free it again. So if the day goes by, apache process eats up to the whole memory and slows down the whole server. limiting the apache memory to force a restart does not really work with php as module for me, becaus apache mostly hangs then.

All thes problems are gone when i use mod_fcgid. The server runs for ages without any restart/reboot/memory leak Smile

on the other hand, while i am using fcgid, i can easily define which parts of the website should use a differente php-cgi.exe (i renamed php-cgi.exe to many different ones). This is used for background task monitoring.

on for that the nts version is necessary. It works like a charm on 32-Bit Servers , but now i need to go x64 so i would like to get all php components which work in 32 Bit, in 64 bit also without really changing the configuration.

It would be _very_ nice it you are able to compile the nts version also.

I really appreciate your great work you still did on your packagee and it helped me a lot at my first x64 tries. Thumps up! Smile

+1
I need TOO!!!
Virsacer

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct '11 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

There it is:
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4316

Reply to topic   Topic: httPHPdSSL-Win64 Release 15 View previous topic :: View next topic