logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Difference php-NTS and php-TS version for mod_fcgid ?
Author
maskego

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct '12 6:00    Post subject: Difference php-NTS and php-TS version for mod_fcgid ? Reply with quote

Can I use php5.3ts to run mod_fcgid?

What is the difference to run mod_fcgid between php5.3nts and php5.3ts version? Laughing
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct '12 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can run the TS or the NTS version. The difference of NTS and TS is in the name itself. TS = Thread Safe. NTS = Non Thread Safe. Though the non checking of thread safty the NTS version is a very little faster. In fact you don't notice it with a single script. Only when running a ton of the script at the same time... but than I think you have a different problem than if a script runs a few milliseconds faster or not.

Running the NTS or TS version over fcgid makes no or a very little difference. Sometime I have to use the TS version cause on some machines the NTS version crashed too often even on the command line.

Reply to topic   Topic: Difference php-NTS and php-TS version for mod_fcgid ? View previous topic :: View next topic