logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

 


About

Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in  RSS Apache Lounge
 


Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Apache Lounge is not sponsored.

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries.



eAccelerator V1.0 (GIT42067ac7e2) for PHP 5.X.X (TS/NTS)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apache Forum Index -> Other Software



View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov '12 22:18    Post subject: eAccelerator V1.0 (GIT42067ac7e2) for PHP 5.X.X (TS/NTS) Reply with quote

Hi all,

In this thread you can find the compiled version of eAccelerator for Windows. The zip contains 2 dll's:

eAccelerator.dll (Non Thread Safe / NTS)
eAccelerator_ts.dll (Thread Safe)

Use the one that matches your PHP version.

PHP 5.3.XX VC9:
http://eac.qme.nl/eAccelerator_v1_0_GIT42067ac7e2_for_v5_3_XX-VC9.zip

PHP 5.4.XX VC9:
http://eac.qme.nl/eAccelerator_v1_0_GIT42067ac7e2_for_v5_4_XX-VC9.zip


    2012-08-16 Hans Rakers <hans at rakers.org>

    * Remove current memory protection implementation. This code has
    been dead for a while now
    * Re-enabled some EQUAL/NOT_EQUAL optimisations in the optimizer
    * Removed duplicate macro CONSTANT() and rewrote all its occurances
    to OPx_CONST
    * Removed old code related to BRK/CONT handling
    * Some cosmetic fixes to optimize.c

    2012-08-13 Hans Rakers <hans at rakers.org>

    * Fixed CONCAT/ADD_STRING + ADD_CHAR optimizer bug
    * Removed unused var in reassign_registers

    2012-08-10 Hans Rakers <hans at rakers.org>

    * Small tweaks to the disassembler:
    - Display zval properly ignoring all non-relevant extra flags
    possible on zval type (>=php-5.3)
    - display op1 properly on FETCH_CONSTANT and
    INIT_STATIC_METHOD_CALL (>=php 5.4)

    2012-08-08 Hans Rakers <hans at rakers.org>

    * Fixed a longstanding issue regarding exceptions in the optimizer.
    The optimizer removed try/catch blocks resulting in exceptions not
    being caught.

    This also solves Drupal 7 installation issues when using eAccelerator
    (tested with Drupal 7.15 and PHP 5.4.5)
    * Update Win32 VC project files
    * Fixed several Win32 compilation issues, thanks @tengattack
Back to top
Steffen
Moderator


Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2747
Location: Hilversum, NL, EU

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov '12 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, updated the link to your post on the Additional download page.


Steffen
Back to top
Smitty



Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 197

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov '12 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Millennium. I'm going to test the new version on my development server.

Is there a newer version of the control.php script to monitor and clear the cache? Or will the old version that came with version 0.9.6.1 work?
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov '12 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty wrote:
Thanks Millennium. I'm going to test the new version on my development server.

Is there a newer version of the control.php script to monitor and clear the cache? Or will the old version that came with version 0.9.6.1 work?


Guess there is get the latest zip of github: https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator and extract the php scripts to your webserver.

(Maybe pack it nicely and and it to this topic Wink)
Back to top
Smitty



Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 197

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov '12 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version and the authentication doesn't seem to work. I changed the password in the script and it displays a log-in box but the username and password isn't accepted. If I disable authentication by setting $auth to false, the script works fine and I see the control panel.
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov '12 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty wrote:
I downloaded the latest version and the authentication doesn't seem to work. I changed the password in the script and it displays a log-in box but the username and password isn't accepted. If I disable authentication by setting $auth to false, the script works fine and I see the control panel.


Is the script using http-basic-auth? and you use mod_fcgid?
Back to top
wm003



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov '12 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks, Millenium. This version seems to work again with deep nested classes!
Back to top
LaRoshe



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul '13 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!
For PHP 5.5.XX VC11 x86 will support?
Back to top
James Blond
Moderator


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 6628
Location: Germany, Next to Hamburg

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul '13 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
Smitty wrote:
I downloaded the latest version and the authentication doesn't seem to work. I changed the password in the script and it displays a log-in box but the username and password isn't accepted. If I disable authentication by setting $auth to false, the script works fine and I see the control panel.


Is the script using http-basic-auth? and you use mod_fcgid?


WWW-Authenticate: Basic can work with PHP over mod_fcgid. You have to add
Code:

FcgidPassHeader Authorization
to the apache config.

Code:


<?php
if (!isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'])) {
    header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Realm"');
    header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');
    echo 'Text to send if user hits Cancel button';
    exit;
} else {
    echo "<p>Hello {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']}.</p>";
    echo "<p>You entered {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']} as your password.</p>";
}
?>


I did not auth digest to work
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul '13 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaRoshe wrote:
hi!
For PHP 5.5.XX VC11 x86 will support?


Not sure it will, guess the current code base isn't compatable with the 5.5 branch, and the development of EACC is low/till none. So I won't expect a working release soon
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul '13 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Smitty wrote:
I downloaded the latest version and the authentication doesn't seem to work. I changed the password in the script and it displays a log-in box but the username and password isn't accepted. If I disable authentication by setting $auth to false, the script works fine and I see the control panel.


Is the script using http-basic-auth? and you use mod_fcgid?


WWW-Authenticate: Basic can work with PHP over mod_fcgid. You have to add
Code:

FcgidPassHeader Authorization
to the apache config.

Code:


<?php
if (!isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'])) {
    header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Realm"');
    header('HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized');
    echo 'Text to send if user hits Cancel button';
    exit;
} else {
    echo "<p>Hello {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']}.</p>";
    echo "<p>You entered {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']} as your password.</p>";
}
?>


I did not auth digest to work



Don't forget to add this the PHP auto Prepend

Code:
 <?php

//fix http auth in cgi
list($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']) = explode(':' , base64_decode(substr($_ENV['AUTHORIZATION'], 6)));
?>
Back to top
LaRoshe



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul '13 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
LaRoshe wrote:
hi!
For PHP 5.5.XX VC11 x86 will support?


Not sure it will, guess the current code base isn't compatable with the 5.5 branch, and the development of EACC is low/till none. So I won't expect a working release soon



sorrowfully Sad


SQL Driver for PHP 5.5 v.3.0.2
http://www.hmelihkara.com/files/php_sqlsrv_55.rar


Last edited by LaRoshe on Wed 10 Jul '13 2:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul '13 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaRoshe wrote:
Millennium wrote:
LaRoshe wrote:
hi!
For PHP 5.5.XX VC11 x86 will support?


Not sure it will, guess the current code base isn't compatable with the 5.5 branch, and the development of EACC is low/till none. So I won't expect a working release soon



sorrowfully Sad


SQL Driver for PHP 5.5 v.3.0.2
http://www.hmelihkara.com/files/php_sqlsrv_55.rar


But Opcache (FKA: ZendOptimizer+) is as good as EAccelerator (or better)
Back to top
Jan-E



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 977
Location: Amsterdam, NL, EU

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jul '13 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you try my builds of php_eaccelarator.dll in
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8954372/php-5.5.0-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8954372/php-5.5.0-Win32-VC11-x86.zip

OPcache is probably better, but you might give my build a try. If it does not work I will remove it from my build scripts for PHP 5.5.
Back to top
LaRoshe



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul '13 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZendOptimizer + & Wincache still perform poorly on php 5.5 Sad

To Jan-E
php_eaccelerator.dll of your project does not work.
Something, maybe I'm not wrong?
Excuse me, but where in your project php.ini?
Back to top
Jan-E



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 977
Location: Amsterdam, NL, EU

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul '13 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pity php_eaccelerator.dll did not work. I tested it myself and got the same result. Next time I compile PHP 5.5 they will be gone.

As yet another alternative you might try to use the php_xcache.dll (version 3.0.3) from my builds. I know they will load, not how they perform.
http://xcache.lighttpd.net/

There is no php.ini in my builds. That is completely up to you.
Back to top
Millennium



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 179
Location: Leiderdorp, NL, EU

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul '13 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaRoshe wrote:
ZendOptimizer + & Wincache still perform poorly on php 5.5 Sad

To Jan-E
php_eaccelerator.dll of your project does not work.
Something, maybe I'm not wrong?
Excuse me, but where in your project php.ini?


Doubt if eAccelerator performce better then ZendOptimizer, considering ther is non 5.4 Optimise code in the source. Only made compatable with php 5.4.

Switched to ZendOptimizer+ as of PHP 5.4. for better performance.

My Problem with wincache is that it gets stuck after an X amout of request (FCGI). So I switched to the APC Api of ZendDataCache. Worked pretty well. Want tu try UAPC with version 5.5 soon.

Also like Memcached as Cache provider. To bad there's no recent win32 Deamon.
Back to top


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apache Forum Index -> Other Software
Page 1 of 1