logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator 1.0 dev Buid for PHP 5.4.10 nts VC9 x64
Author
aras

PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec '12 2:08    Post subject: eAccelerator 1.0 dev Buid for PHP 5.4.10 nts VC9 x64 Reply with quote

After some struggle, the eAccellerator v. 1.0 dev for PHP 4.5.10 nts VS9 x64 yelded to be buid (works with this http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=23466). You can download this module here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyyexl040xkem7k/eAccelerator.zip

eAccelerator.zip:
MD5 6a297af92995ac109f8a1822e024819a
SHA1 9269a926a9cf0ac168795a0506a89f089c364c87

I have not noticed any speed improvements yet, however. I am not aware about any means that could be used to obtain objective data about the speed.

Last edited by aras on Fri 11 Jan '13 19:57; edited 4 times in total
aras

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan '13 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been blind... I have not noticed that the compiled PHP (see link above) apparently contains eAccelerator extension (under namephp_eAccelerator.dll). Interestingly, the extension compiled by me is much smaller (91 kb vs. 103 kb in the package). My question is, how could that happen if the source of the extension is the same?
Jan-E

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan '13 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a lot of things. At compile-time it links php5(ts).lib and installed it uses php5.dll. Maybe my php5.* were different from yours. I always compile PHP in one run to be sure all extensions match the php core files.

Did you compile it with the *.vcproj (graphical interface) or from the command line? VC9 pro or VC9 express? Dat of your sources (Aug 16, 2012)?

Edit: hmm. I compiled it using the graphical interface with my php5.lib and also ended up with 91KB. There must be some difference between the vcproj and compiling from the command-line...
aras

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan '13 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just at learner’s stage with compilation. I have used some weird technique in this process; combination of both – starting with command line and then switching to .vcproj (VC9 pro) with command line still open. This was the only way that I was able to get result. Also, I have used php5.lib taken from your PHP package.

In fact, it would really be great to learn about your environment and settings compiling the PHP. I have noticed that you were able to compile xCache and memcache also. I am always ending up with multiple warnings, missing files in the path (like zend_config.h), or linkage errors. Those were too tough nuts for me. I believe that my settings and links are totally off range. And looking to your compilation, it is difficult to believe that it is possible.

Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator 1.0 dev Buid for PHP 5.4.10 nts VC9 x64 View previous topic :: View next topic