logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache & IIS + Coldfusion combination
Author
flatcircle

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun '06 22:40    Post subject: Apache & IIS + Coldfusion combination Reply with quote

I have the following situation.

I have a website running on f.e. www.domain.com which is running on IIS.
I want to switch this website to Apache (because the need of mod rewrite-support)
Switching to Apache is easy BUT...

I have several subsites running on www.domain.com/site1, www.domain.com/site2 etc...
and the most annoying part is that those sites in the subdirs are using Coldfusion (on IIS)

Is it possible to transfer my 'main' site to Apache and leave the other sites running on IIS because they need Coldfusion support?
Am I stuck with IIS/Coldfusion for those sites? If it's possible, please advise what to do. I really have no clue how to fix this.

Thanks.

Regards.

Last edited by flatcircle on Wed 28 Jun '06 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun '06 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, use the Apache Reverse Proxy for those apps. Run apache on port 80 and IIS on a port of your choise.

Steffen

ps.

Please use a meaningfull subject, see the forum rules. Please change it.
flatcircle

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jun '06 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the Apache Reverse Proxy and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the info!
Regards.
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jun '06 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALos have a look here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=8001e97
levik

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul '06 23:17    Post subject: apache and IIS Reply with quote

This is somewhat related, I have a server set up I'm working on. I'm running widows 2k pro with both IIS and Apache 2.2 installed. I am wanting to use apache, but I have a small part of the page written in asp. IIS in 2k pro limits the number of users and thats why I'm wanting to use apache. Is it going to be easier to use both IIS and apache together or make apache run asp pages? Do I use Apache Reverse Proxy to make them work together? Thanks for any help!
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul '06 23:21    Post subject: Re: apache and IIS Reply with quote

levik wrote:
Is it going to be easier to use both IIS and apache together or make apache run asp pages?

It is easier to run run both servers
levik wrote:
Do I use Apache Reverse Proxy to make them work together?
Yes, if you run both you run apache aas reverse proxy.
levik

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jul '06 23:33    Post subject: mod_proxy Reply with quote

ok, I'm going to work on getting mod_proxy up and running, I appreciate the input!

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache & IIS + Coldfusion combination View previous topic :: View next topic