logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 1.5.4 and MySql 4.1.21
Author
Linvo

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 20:48    Post subject: Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 1.5.4 and MySql 4.1.21 Reply with quote

Hello,

I hope you can help me out.

I upgraded my WAMP to Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 1.5.4
I had enormous help from the remarks and "cookbook" from this website.
BUT still have a problem. All works well but PHP cannot load the php_mysql.dll in the ext directory under php. I don't no why. In the error log from PHP it says:
"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'H:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - Kan opgegeven procedure niet vinden.
in Unknown on line 0"

Other modules in ext though php has no problem to find!?!

Anyone?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copied libmySQL.dll from your mysql/bin to your windows folder ?

And is the extension_dir set correct in php.ini ?

Steffen
Linvo

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no. I did nothing to the already working MySQL configuration. Just upgraded Apache and PHP.

The MySql version is 4.0.21 and not 4.1.21.
pnllan

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had this exact experience after rebuilding my PC. Neither MySQL extension would load via PHP. I did everything that I wrote in my 'How to':

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570

and the problem continued to persist. After getting frustated (to say the least), I finally thought to myself 'it seems like it just doesn't know where it is at'. I had added my PHP folder to the Path environment (which usually does not require a reboot to be effective). So I did a reboot as a last ditch effort before getting out a can of gasoline. That did it for me, and it has been fine since.
Linvo

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems that in my case the can of gasoline comes awfully close.
Even after putting the php dir in the path variable and a reboot, php refuses to load the php_mysql.dll
In my case, it cannot be that windows or pp or apache doesn't know where to look. Because other modules in the php\ext dir are loaded without problems.

Any other suggestions before the "big fire"?
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linvo wrote:
Well, no. I did nothing to the already working MySQL configuration. Just upgraded Apache and PHP.

The MySql version is 4.0.21 and not 4.1.21.

Linvo wrote:
I upgraded my WAMP to Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 1.5.4

1.5.4 ? What version ?

Upgraded php from what version ?

Where downloaded the Apache 2.2.2 ?

Using the php_mysql.dll from mysql.com ?

Any leftovers from you old php ?

Please try to copy libmySQL.dll to you windows folder.

Steffen

Last edited by Steffen on Wed 26 Jul '06 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Linvo

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jul '06 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rescued!!!!

No gasonline after all!!

What did the trick?

I scanned the libmySQL.dll file. There was one in the windows dir, also one in the mysql\bin dir and one in the php dir.
I did not change the libmySQL.dll in the windows dir during upgrading apache and PHP. Reason: I did not upgrade the MySQL version, so I thought, no need to change the libmySQL.dll in the windows dir.
I was wrong.
After copying the libmySQL.dll from the php dir to the windows dir, suddenly everything is smooth again and php loads the php_mysql.dll

Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 1.5.4 and MySql 4.1.21 View previous topic :: View next topic