logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: How do you set permissions?
Author
rahenkamp

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 2:17    Post subject: How do you set permissions? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am in the process of moving off of IIS on a win 2003 box and I am installing Apache and PHP. I think I am nearly there with the PHP install but I am getting what I believe what I think is a permissions issue. When I try to run PHPINFO() or a known running script I get the following message:

FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access /php/php.exe/grades/test.php on this server.

How do I set permissions to clear this issue up? Is it done in Windows or Apache? If it is in Windows what user and where do I set them. If in Apache where/how/when and slowly as I am an Apache Newbie.

TIA

d
pnllan

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try following this post:

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570

Using PHP as CGI is not recommended. Also, it's not a good idea to run PHP under the Apache root. Both potentially leave you open to a variety of security holes.
rahenkamp

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnllan wrote:
Try following this post:

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570

Using PHP as CGI is not recommended. Also, it's not a good idea to run PHP under the Apache root. Both potentially leave you open to a variety of security holes.

Ok I did this and I think I followed the instruction to a T. I can do PHPINFO() no problem, I can use mysql administrator and it is also working. But whenever I do any kind of mysql function call like mysql_pconnect() or mysql_connect() I am getting an undefined function fatal error. I must have done something wrong but for the life of me I can seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help

d
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you load php_mysql.dll or php_mysqli.dll in PHP ini? See in the phpinfo() if mysql is loaded!

Code:

extension=php_mysql.dll ; copy libmysql.dll to Apache\bin folder
extension=php_mysqli.dll
rahenkamp

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Do you load php_mysql.dll or php_mysqli.dll in PHP ini? See in the phpinfo() if mysql is loaded!

Code:

extension=php_mysqli.dll

Thanks that seemed to take care of that particular issue but I am still having some issues. I have code that runs flawlessly in a Mac OSX apache environment but since I moved it to this win server I am having nothing but problems. Are there additional modules that I need to activate? Below is the new module section in my php.ini file which is how it came except for the mod you gave me.

;Windows Extensions
;Note that MySQL and ODBC support is now built in, so no dll is needed for it.
;

extension=php_mysqli.dll

;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_zip.dll

TIA
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug '06 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't see the code I can't tell you what don't work. What kind of errors or error messages do you get? If needed you can send the code by mail to me.

Reply to topic   Topic: How do you set permissions? View previous topic :: View next topic