logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: MariaDB access denied
Author
Markus_Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed 07 Oct '15 18:52    Post subject: MariaDB access denied Reply with quote

OK, I am using MariaDB. It is much the same as MySQL. I have created a database. I can do show databases; and I can see the database. Then I created a user.
What I wanted is for the user to have all privileges on the database I just created. After that I did a:
MySQL -u newuser -p newdatabase
enter password: entered the password I get acess denied for newuser@localhost.
To create a new user I found this on the web.
create new user 'newuser'@'newdb' identified by 'new pwd';
Then I did this:
grant all privileges on newdb.* to 'newuser'@'newdb';
Then: flush privileges;
I then went to test this by exiting the database.
I then did this: MySQL -u newuser -p newdatabase
enter password: entered password and got access denied for 'newuser'@'localhost'.
Should I have made newuser a member of MySQL? like root? Was my trying to get into the new database the wrong set of commands?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Mark
roysitumorang

PostPosted: Thu 08 Oct '15 10:10    Post subject: Re: MariaDB access denied Reply with quote

Code:
create new user 'newuser'@'newdb' identified by 'new pwd';

Change newdb to localhost.
Code:
grant all privileges on newdb.* to 'newuser'@'newdb';
flush privileges;

Change newdb.* to newdatabase.*.
Markus_Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu 08 Oct '15 13:38    Post subject: Those aren't the real names Reply with quote

I just used those name for demonstration purposes. If you want the newuser name is chuck and the db name is drupaul. Amazing.

Reply to topic   Topic: MariaDB access denied View previous topic :: View next topic