logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: XAMPP Apache unavailable as displayed in Windows 10 settings
Author
Mohamed

PostPosted: Sat 06 Feb '16 10:51    Post subject: XAMPP Apache unavailable as displayed in Windows 10 settings Reply with quote

Hi
Try to configure my Laptop running windows 10 for developing PHP,and MySQL server using Apache Tomcat as a webserver
From the log file I got this text below:
server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2d PHP/5.6.15 configured -- resuming normal operations
Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Oct 13 2015 10:54:13
Command line: 'C:\\XAMPP\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/XAMPP/apache'
In the windows 10 settings I found that Apache tomcat 8.0.27 is unavailable
During the installation from XAMPP I got a warning that the installation may not go properly and I need to fix errors after installation
In XAMPP control panel version 3.2.2 I knew that MySQL, Tomcat, Mercury and FileZilla are running
I am using google chrome as my browser
Should I uninstall and start the installation process from scratch, using XAMPP-win32-5.6.exe file, or is there an easier solution?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb '16 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error with the certificate is ok since it is a self issued certificate.

Any issues you encounter?
Mohamed

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb '16 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you James Blond
I resolved the problem by deleting Skype and IIS altogether as I am not using them, and reinstalled XAMPP control panel from scratch, then I ran XAMPP control panel as administrator from the start menu. Thanks every thing is working fine now. PHP coding is running fine, and at the moment I am struggling to work with mySQL server.
Again thank a lot for response and help
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb '16 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your issue with MySQL?
Mohamed

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb '16 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
What is your issue with MySQL?

Hi James
I am starting to edit my files with BlueFish IDE as XAMP has no similar feature. Still have the issue to let blueFish communicate with my newly created database and table. Perhaps the blueFish issue is out of scope of this forum. Thanks a lot for your concern. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: XAMPP Apache unavailable as displayed in Windows 10 settings View previous topic :: View next topic