logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: php extensions not showing?
Author
gee bee

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 11:47    Post subject: php extensions not showing? Reply with quote

Hi,

I followed the tutorial on how to get apache 2.2 running with php 5.1 and all is good apart from all of my files that had the .php extention are now apearing as for example

index.ZDE.file

instead of index.php

does anyone know how i can fix this? Thanks in advance
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure that your windows shows all extension from all files? Normaly Windows don't show it.
ZDE? Did you install Zend Studio?
If you followed the instruction from http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570
That should be.

Fix it, if the extension is realy .ZDE.file you can rename it Wink
But I am not sure that .ZDE.file is correct.
ldraper

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '06 20:58    Post subject: similar problem -- php extensions not showing Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. My Apache/php/MySql is set up properly, but when I try to open a file using IE with localhost, IE doesn't recognize php files. It doesn't list php as an option in the file pulldown menu.

Php files are visible using "all files" but I still can't click to open them.

Anyone recognize this problem? Something set up wrong in Apache?

Thanks in advance!
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '06 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldraper, I think you have an other issue then gee bee, maybe I am wrong.

In windows you have first associate the .php extension with a editor or php.exe.

Double click on a php file and check "Select a program from the list" and so on....Just basic windows stuff.

When you associate it with a editor then you see the code and when with php.exe then the script is executed by php.exe.

I have no idea why you want to see your files in that way. Just open it in a editor or open a DOS box to execute the scripts..

Steffen
ldraper

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '06 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm explaining it wrong. I can't run my php files without typing the entire path/filename into the address bar. I want to click on the test.php file and have the browser serve up the results. Right now that only works if I type it.

If I type phpinfo() into localhost, it responds fine. If it click on the test.php file (phpinfo) that I made, nothing happens at all. This is true for all .php files.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '06 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly I begin to understand, I hope.

You want: Double clicking a .php and the output is showed in your browser ? For example when Double click on phpinfo.php the all the output appears in IE.

Steffen
ldraper

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug '06 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! The output does not appear in the browser after double clicking.

Sorry -- I guess the question is too simple or the questioner (that would be me) too dim. :~)

Reply to topic   Topic: php extensions not showing? View previous topic :: View next topic