logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 does not load pages from internet
Author
mannymc

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 4:59    Post subject: Apache 2.2 does not load pages from internet Reply with quote

Problem: I had Apache 2.2 and 2.0.59 installed on my server. Everything was working OK until I decided to uninstall 2.0.59. Once I unistalled 2.0.59 Apache stopped servicing pages from port 80. I am able to pull up all web pages via local host/127.0.0.1.

Actions taken:

- I have unistalled both instances of Apache and tried to get individual instances to work on their own. I get the same results above.
- I have disabled all security/virus detection software without any positive results.

The frustrating thing is it was working just fine before I unistalled the older version to try and clean thing up. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see here

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570

If you still have any questions please ask us!
mannymc

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that worked perfectly. It seems to have been a combination of the issue described in the posting and worm protection. Lesson learned.

Thank you for your reply

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 does not load pages from internet View previous topic :: View next topic