logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache service error 1053(and other errors I've come across)
Author
Ys*

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr '17 3:47    Post subject: Apache service error 1053(and other errors I've come across) Reply with quote

Please help me diagnose my problem. I'm just getting into web development. I installed Apache successfully and ran it, but later as I installed PHP and SQL Apache stopped working. Now I need to find why I have errors.

When I tried to start the Apache 2.4 service I got the error 1053 "The service did not respond in a timely fashion". Investigating deeper I found a new error in my event viewer called "error AH00015: Unable to open logs"

From the info I provide will you be able to help me find more errors to finally solve my problem and get apache working again?
Jan-E

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr '17 5:56    Post subject: Re: Apache service error 1053(and other errors I've come acr Reply with quote

Ys* wrote:
When I tried to start the Apache 2.4 service I got the error 1053 "The service did not respond in a timely fashion". Investigating deeper I found a new error in my event viewer called "error AH00015: Unable to open logs"

Did you accidentally remove the logs directory (which should be there, besides the bin, conf, modules etc directories)?
Ys*

PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr '17 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logs folder is there. It has 3 items of txt extension called "access dot log", "install dot log", and "error dot log"

Edit: After turning off the service world wide web publishing service I was able to start apache again. Yay, go me!

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache service error 1053(and other errors I've come across) View previous topic :: View next topic