logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: server dont work for pc that is outside the network
Author
1109KL

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep '06 2:28    Post subject: server dont work for pc that is outside the network Reply with quote

So I was testing out this server and its running fine. I even ask him to connect to my IP from his home to see if it’s working for him? And it did.

But when I try to use the same file (I reconfigured the settings for his machine). Though seems working but only for the machines that are on the same network. I try to connect to the same server with a PC that is from a different Network. I was unable to connect then.

I visit IPCHICKEN many times to check the wan IP. My question is why is it that even though port is forwarded and wan IP seems to be working on the same network but not for people that is outside the network?

also do DSL usually block port 80?
i really hope my post make sense

spec;
apache 2.0.59win32
php 4.3.9win32
mysql 4win32
Xing

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep '06 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=740 , maybe you find there some clues.

X
Jorge

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep '06 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is something that isn't clear I'll be watching this thread...
Please do'nt reply in the howto

Reply to topic   Topic: server dont work for pc that is outside the network View previous topic :: View next topic