logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: phpinfo.php not recognised, get 404
Author
burlster

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 19:48    Post subject: phpinfo.php not recognised, get 404 Reply with quote

Sorry to bother u guys with what is probably the 1000th post like this, but ive been having real trouble setting up php and apache. ive actually aged by a decade in the last 48 hours!

Anyhow, i followed the excellent guide on here, and I have made some progress. I can actually start apache now without getting the cannot find php5apache2.dll which represents a major leap forward.

However, I cant get it to recognise hte test page. keep geting 404 file not found.

I have looked at the apache monitor, and at the bottom of the window it does say apache/2.2.3 (win32) PHP/5.1.6 Would this hint that the install was effective but theres a simple cock up somewhere??

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks Very Happy
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text "apache/2.2.3 (win32) PHP/5.1.6" looks like it is installed fine.

You said "However, I cant get it to recognise hte test page. keep geting 404 file not found."

Assuming you mean the phpinfo.php, where do you put this file ? Be sure that the file has the right extension, most common problem is that it is saved as phpinfo.php.txt when you save it with notepad.

In an other post Netdot wrote:
When writing ".php" documents and saving them in "htdocs" be sure to change the type of file to "all files." It avoids the document you are saving having an additional "dot extension" appended after your ".php" hence rendering 404 not found in your browser.

Steffen

ps.
Please change the subject of your post to something meaningful, see Forum rules.
burlster

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for getting back, sorry for the inaccurate title of the post!!

I have been saving the file in the htdocs file located in C:\apache2\

checked out the actual file, wrote it with notepad and saved as php with all files selected. however, it continues to remain as txt file. Previous atempts at doing this have seen the file icon change and go greenish...

im wondering if i installed php correctly.. Question

Admin note:
Changed subject in some more meaningful.
Xing

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

To see if php is installed ok, we need first get rid of the 404 Page Not Found and run phpinfo.php.

Rename the file to .php. Or save it in notepad by putting the file name between "", e.g. "phpinfo.php"

X
burlster

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

appear to have succesfully named the file now. again tried loading it and have got rid of the 404 error.

however, now nothing comes up. i though that page was supposed to reveal the instruction manual or something similar....

Reply to topic   Topic: phpinfo.php not recognised, get 404 View previous topic :: View next topic