logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: About a Control Panel to Manage my Website
Author
rictus

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 18:41    Post subject: About a Control Panel to Manage my Website Reply with quote

Hi everyone...this is my first time here on this forum..I just install apache 2.0.55 on my computer and so far everyting is working OK..but I have a question

I have a website over a paid host service and they provide me a control panel (CPanel) to manage my website, I'm wondering if there is any free software that I can use with apache for this purpose. I'm not really interested on selling space on my computer but I will like a easy way to manage my folders, restrictions, mysql and some other features.
Question

Thanks

Anyway, I already install PHP, CGI, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin... I will find a way to install to Mod_SSL and...I'm also wondering if there any other cool software that you guys recomend me to have?..I'm new on this.....Recomendations are wellcome, specially if it are related to my first question
DeliriumServers

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you have access to the server you don't really need all the folder permissions etc. and the don't work the same on windows anyways

for something like this I would recommend using the apache2triad web suite. It contains pretty much anything a beginner will need and it comes with a prebuilt control panel that allows you to control a wide variety of things. note this is not a web hosting panel, it's just a control panel for managing the suite.

-delirium

Reply to topic   Topic: About a Control Panel to Manage my Website View previous topic :: View next topic