logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: How to define multiple OU Base DN in Apache config
Author
onlyabhi52

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep '18 4:50    Post subject: How to define multiple OU Base DN in Apache config Reply with quote

Hi Team
Please can some one suggest me the setup which we should follow in defining Multiple OU for Base DN in apache config file while using it with SVN Edge.
mraddi

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep '18 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

have not checked functionality in apache's config, but as filter with ldapsearch it was working fine for me:

ldapsearch -D "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" -W -H ldaps://127.0.0.1 -b dc=example,dc=com -x "(&(|(ou:dn:=department1)(ou:dn:=department3))(uid=user123))" dn

With this search-filter "(&(|(ou:dn:=department1)(ou:dn:=department3))(uid=user123))" I retrieve all users from within ou=department1,dc=example,dc=com and ou=department3,dc=example,dc=com but NOT from ou=department2,dc=example,dc=com

If this is not working as expected you might create a groupOfNames containing all users from department1 and department3 and allow only members of this group to login?

Hope this helps?

Best regards
Matthias

P.S.: ldap-filter based on: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7472994/using-dn-in-search-filter

Reply to topic   Topic: How to define multiple OU Base DN in Apache config View previous topic :: View next topic