logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.35
Author
kaya_miyoshi

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct '18 7:55    Post subject: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.35 Reply with quote

When I install httpd - 2.4.35 - win - 64 - VC 15. Zip on Windows 10 and create a password file, input the user's password

htpasswd -c "C: / Apache24 / passfile / passwd" yamada
new password :

can only have one character. I can not enter any key from the second letter. There were other people with the same symptoms, and it was said that it was a bug. (https://teratail.com/questions/150439) How can I enter the second and later letters?
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct '18 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

do it all on the command line with -b.
create file: htpasswd -bc c:\some\path\to\.htpasswd username password
add user: htpasswd -b c:\some\path\to\.htpasswd username password
kaya_miyoshi

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct '18 4:23    Post subject: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.35 Reply with quote

I know how to attach the option -b, and the creation of the password file succeeded in that way. I want to know what to do with bugs that can enter the first letter of the password input but can not enter the second letter and beyond.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct '18 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the example of Gregg shows, you can add the password in the call of htpasswd. Then you donÄt have to type it.
kaya_miyoshi

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct '18 22:05    Post subject: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.35 Reply with quote

Since htdigest.exe can only input one password, I must clear the phenomenon that I can only enter one letter of htpasswd.exe's password input. However, if I enter the password with the option of htpasswd.exe it is not an end problem.
kaya_miyoshi

PostPosted: Thu 18 Oct '18 0:24    Post subject: Re: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.3 Reply with quote

I solved the problem when I made the command prompt English display.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 18 Oct '18 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. The japanese cmd is different. It uses UTF-8 characters, while the default uses ISO-8859-something

Reply to topic   Topic: Behavior when creating a password file with Apache 2.4.35 View previous topic :: View next topic