logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: .well-known?
Author
Doug22

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb '19 3:16    Post subject: .well-known? Reply with quote

So what in the world is the "/.well-known" directory, which comes with "acme-challenge" inside of it?

I removed "acme-challenge", which looked ridiculous, and everything seems fine. Can I blow away ".well-known" too? What is it for, and what is going to happen if I dispose of it?
tavrez

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb '19 13:31    Post subject: Re: .well-known? Reply with quote

That folder is used for validation purposes, probably that was there because of letsencrypt validation, I think it's safe to delete files inside of it after verification is complete.
Doug22

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb '19 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That's what I was figuring. Kind of ugly to have a subdomain without an index page, where you do http://subdomain.domain.com, and end up with this garbage at the top of the content list.

Reply to topic   Topic: .well-known? View previous topic :: View next topic