logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_perl upgrade
Author
craigt

PostPosted: Fri 09 Aug '19 22:47    Post subject: mod_perl upgrade Reply with quote

I have an app developed and operated for some time on a windows /apache / perl / mod_perl platform. Both the platform and the app have been rock solid. But the apache / perl / mod_perl components of the platform are quite down level. I've installed Perl 5.28.1 and Apache 2.4.39. I downloaded mod_perl 2.0.10 and read the read.txt file.

The active directions in the txt file are

'Install the Apache Lounge distribution into C:\Apache24 and ActivePerl into C:\Perl64, then copy the Apache24 and Perl64 folders from this package over the top of those installations.'

A copy of the C:\Perl64 in the mod_perl 2.0.10 zip file to the C:\Perl64 directory on my C:/drive would replace the directory on my C:/ drive. Does this direction mean copy the contents of the directories (and any new directories) of the C:\Perl64 directory in the mod_perl 2.0.10 zip file to the corresponding C:\Perl64 directories on my C:/ drive?
craigt

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug '19 17:23    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I copied the Apache24 and Perl64 mod_perl 2.0.10 directories file by file. And I can't believe it, but I am up under Apache 2.4.39, Perl 5.26 (needed PPM), and mod_perl 2.0.10 without a hitch. Its a miracle.
craigt

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug '19 17:27    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks Apache folks.

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_perl upgrade View previous topic :: View next topic