logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Tomcat Default Files (12085) -- a vulnerability?
Author
alexjohnb

PostPosted: Fri 14 Feb '20 14:56    Post subject: Apache Tomcat Default Files (12085) -- a vulnerability? Reply with quote

Hello, for some months, I've been chased about a vulnerability in an Apache Tomcat server I'm responsible for. So far, I've been unable to get advice on resolving the vulnerability -- hence this post.

The vulnerability is Nessus Plugin 12085 and the solution is to delete the default index page and remove the example JSP and servlets.

However, I am reluctant to just blindly follow the instructions at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Miscellaneous#Miscellaneous-Q6 on how to close of this vulnerability due to the application on which it occurs having been developed by a third party.

Any advice on this gratefully recieved!

Alex
glsmith

PostPosted: Sun 16 Feb '20 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just move the files into a different folder elsewhere and then see if it works just fine without them. If it doesn't then you can just put them back.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Tomcat Default Files (12085) -- a vulnerability? View previous topic :: View next topic