logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 404 not found error for file that exists
Author
apache-lounge-chair

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun '20 1:19    Post subject: 404 not found error for file that exists Reply with quote

my system is a 64 bit ubuntu 20.04 lts system.

I successfully installed apache2 and I am able to view the default page by visiting http://localhost:80

However I am not able to run my Perl CGI scripts.

I modified the sites-enabled/000-default.conf file by removing the '#' from the start of the "Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf" line. I then created the /usr/lib/cgi-bin directory. I next put a small Perl CGI script named "printenv.cgi" under /usr/lib/cgi-bin. I then restarted the apache2 server. When I attempted to run my newly created CGI script gy visiting localhost:80/cgi-bin/printenv.cgi all that happened was I received a "404 Not Found" error. I looked at the apache logfile and it provided no further info. What have I done wrong?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jun '20 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you chmod 0777 the file?
Did you restart apache after the config change?
Anything in the error log or access log about it?

Reply to topic   Topic: 404 not found error for file that exists View previous topic :: View next topic