logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Problems with HTTP/2 on nginx+Apache for Windows?
Author
CamaroSS

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul '20 8:47    Post subject: Problems with HTTP/2 on nginx+Apache for Windows? Reply with quote

I am using nginx 1.17.10.1 Unicorn build from http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/ and Apache/2.4.43 build from Apachelounge on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Nginx serves static files and proxies Apache responses for PHP scripts. Everything was fine until recently.

Two times in a day without any distinct reason the websites stop responding. Memory/CPU/Network usages are ok. Apache starts logging like

Code:
XX.XX.XX.XX 0ms [01/Jul/2020:05:05:20 -0700] "-" 408 - "-" "-"

for each request. Nginx log shows

Code:
2020/07/01 06:04:54 [error] 11800#12192: *5002230 WSARecv() failed (10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine) while reading response header from upstream, client: YY.YY.YY.YY, server: example.com, request: "GET /the/url/here HTTP/2.0", upstream: "http://XX.XX.XX.XX:8181/the/url/here", host: "example.com"

Server reboot doesn't help. I can connect to the backend directly and it serves the response without any problem.

The only way I could resolve the problem was to switch HTTP/2 off in nginx configuration.

So what can cause this behavior?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec '20 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK 10053 is a Socket error from Winsock the TCP/IP component of Windows. I had those issues due a firewall or anti virus or Winsock settings were brocken.

For the last case you may try:
1. run cmd.exe as Admin.
2. run netsh winsock reset in that console.
3. restart nginx and apache.
CamaroSS

PostPosted: Tue 08 Dec '20 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice!
Actually now everything works fine with HTTP/2 on nginx 1.19.5.1 + Apache 2.4.46, I hope I won't have to deal with it again.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 09 Dec '20 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamaroSS wrote:

everything works fine with HTTP/2 on nginx 1.19.5.1

So I guess it was an issue in nginx ?
CamaroSS

PostPosted: Thu 10 Dec '20 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, though I can't tell for sure.

Reply to topic   Topic: Problems with HTTP/2 on nginx+Apache for Windows? View previous topic :: View next topic