logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Startup not working
Author
oofchairdev

PostPosted: Tue 20 Oct '20 16:44    Post subject: Startup not working Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to launch Apache2 on my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server, and when it starts up in that install, I get this error in the console:
Code:
Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "start" failed.
apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.d
           └─apache2-systemd.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2020-10-20 10:42:49 EDT; 10ms ago
  Process: 23935 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 13502 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server apachectl[23935]: apache2: Syntax error on line 146 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 3 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php7.2.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp7.2.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp7.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server apachectl[23935]: Action 'start' failed.
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server apachectl[23935]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 20 10:42:49 oofchair-server systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

I don't know what to do, I am new to Apache. If you can help that's great. Thanks Smile
(BTW I also reinstalled it a few times and same thing, so IDK what's up /shrug)
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Oct '20 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
modules/libphp7.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

did you install libapache2 ?

example given
Code:

sudo apt install libapache2-mod-php

Code:

php -version

is that module in the folder?

Code:

ls /usr/lib/apache2/modules | grep "php"
oofchairdev

PostPosted: Fri 23 Oct '20 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked, thanks Smile it wasnt installed lol

Reply to topic   Topic: Startup not working View previous topic :: View next topic