logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: server takes too long to respond
Author
craigt

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug '21 21:33    Post subject: server takes too long to respond Reply with quote

Hello,

Clients don't seem to be able to execute links off my server anymore.

For example, I sent my son a link. He tried it and gets the too long to respond message. If he uses a redirection to a resource on the server I purchase from Yahoo, its the same message.

But, sitting at my server, the link I sent my son in the Sent folder works and so does the redirection. My down and up speeds were greater than 40 and 20 MBS respectively.

There is nothing in the error log and no accesses from anyone external is shown. The KeepAliveTimeout Apache httpd.conf parameter is set at 100. No Apache changes have been made and Apache has been rock solid for a long time. I did move from cell phone/hotspot internet connectivity to router/WIFI connectivity (Spectrum) recently.

My son just got another message - 'The server is online but is not responding to connection attempts'.

Any help will be appreciated on what might be going on or how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
craigt
tangent

PostPosted: Wed 01 Sep '21 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've not described the topology of where your server is and how remote clients are supposed to reach it. Are we talking about a cloud hosted server, or one running locally on your home network?

If the latter, and you say you've moved to a router based Internet connection, then my guess would be that router needs port forwarding enabling for port 80/443 to your internal server.

Reply to topic   Topic: server takes too long to respond View previous topic :: View next topic