logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache <-> PHP compatibility
Author
Otomatic

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec '21 17:06    Post subject: Apache <-> PHP compatibility Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for where I can find some kind of compatibility list between Apache and PHP versions.
Specifically something like :

- PHP 5.6 -> Apache 2.4.xx minimum
- PHP 7.0 -> Apache 2.4.yy minimum
- PHP 7.4 -> Apache 2.4.zz minimum
and so on.

Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec '21 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of those PHP versions run with every Apache version.
Yet if you use mod_fcgid instead of the module you can run any PHP version and multiple version at the same time. And it has proven to be more robust.
Otomatic

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec '21 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Yet if you use mod_fcgid instead of the module you can run any PHP version and multiple version at the same time.

I'm thinking about it for Wampserver, but it's a huge work.
Moreover, with mod_fcgid, you need php NTS versions while in module it is TS versions.
Wampserver was designed more than seventeen years ago as a local development server to allow beginners to learn.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec '21 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using mod_fcgid on windows is pretty easy.
Also you CAN use NTS, but you also can use the TS version. It doesn't matter. There is a tutorial how tp use mod_fcgid https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2394

Like I said, all the mentioned PHP of yours can be used with Apache 2.4.x as module or fcgid.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache <-> PHP compatibility View previous topic :: View next topic