logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4.52 - websockets timeout
Author
zerabba

PostPosted: Thu 17 Mar '22 11:11    Post subject: Apache 2.4.52 - websockets timeout Reply with quote

Hello,

I was using version version 2.4.39 of Apache that was running a web application with websockets. I moved this server to version 2.4.52 and the websockets cuts after 1 minute.

I see now in the latest release 2.4.53:

Quote:
mod_proxy: Use the maxium of front end and backend timeouts instead of the
minimum when tunneling requests (websockets, CONNECT requests).
Backend timeouts can be configured more selectively (per worker if needed)
as front end timeouts and typically the backend timeouts reflect the
application requirements better. PR 65886 [Ruediger Pluem]

I was wondering what is the default frontend/backend timeout and how we can change either the backend or frontend timeout?

Thanks for your help!
rjung

PostPosted: Thu 17 Mar '22 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

By frontend timeout it is meant the timeout that Apache applies to the request coming from a client. It is configured via the Timeout config item and most configs have a default Timeout 60 (seconds).

By backend timeout it is meant the timeout of Apache waiting for another server behind it when acting as a proxy server. This is configured via ProxyTimeout or the timeout proxy setting. The default is the same as for Timeout.

Best regards,

Rainer
zerabba

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar '22 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply!

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4.52 - websockets timeout View previous topic :: View next topic