logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Use of Visual C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015 - 2022
Author
Daniel1500

PostPosted: Sat 07 May '22 19:17    Post subject: Use of Visual C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015 - 2022 Reply with quote

As you know, before download Apache Lounge we must install Visual C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015 - 2022 (vc redist x64 depending on architecture); its license, among other things, says: "You may install and use any number of copies of the software" and beyond "You can not : share, publish, rent or lease the software, or provide the Software as a stand-alone hosted solution or in combination with any of your applications for use by third parties, or transfer the Software or this Agreement to any third party." I would like to develop and market my web application built in PHP and I would use Apache Lounge as web server and would have installed "vc redist x64"; Considering the text of the license mentioned, I wonder if it allows me to market my application or should I get another software wich let me do it. Please, does anybody know about it and can clear?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 07 May '22 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP needs also the Redistributable.

Common practice is that the customer installs it. Like with Apache and PHP.
Daniel1500

PostPosted: Sat 07 May '22 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Admin, assuming that I have to install it (vc redist x64) on my server so that php and apache can work because many users would connect to my web application (even from movil phones throught a web browser), does the license of the "vc redist X64" allows me to market my application?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 07 May '22 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the users do not install Apache and/or PHP ?
They access the application with a browser ?

Looks you do not have a license issue.
Daniel1500

PostPosted: Sat 07 May '22 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the users do not install Apache and/or PHP ? Answer: They do not have to install them but only me in my server including vc redist x64.

They access the application with a browser ? Answer: Yes, they would have to access the application with a browser using only a link.

Looks you do not have a license issue. :I dont understand this part of the license consequently I dont know if applies in my case: "You can not : share, publish, rent or lease the software, or provide the software as a stand-alone hosted solution or in combination with any of your applications for use by third parties"
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 08 May '22 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that a huge number of servers (millions ?) running PHP apps. Never seen license issues.

Do not worry.
Otomatic

PostPosted: Sun 08 May '22 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In the Wampserver prerequisites as well as for the various Apache, PHP, MySQL and MariaDB addons it is well specified that it is required that the user verifies that he has installed the latest version of the VC++ 2015-2022 redistributables.

But I never include the installation of this VC++ redistributable in the installers of Wampserver or addons.

I simply created a tool to check if the redistributables are installed on the system and it is up to the user to install the missing ones.
Daniel1500

PostPosted: Sun 08 May '22 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Admin

Reply to topic   Topic: Use of Visual C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015 - 2022 View previous topic :: View next topic