logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.3.10 & Xdebug - unable to find correct version
Author
laurin1

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun '22 14:57    Post subject: PHP 5.3.10 & Xdebug - unable to find correct version Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here can help, but the company I am working at is using a very old version of PHP for Windows, 5.3.10, 32-bit (and yes, I know, it's a little hard to swallow).

I was able to find a version of Xdebug that should work with this (2.2.7-5.3-vc9, 32-bit), and tried both the TS and the NTS versions, but neither will load with this version of PHP (I pulled the one from dev web server, 5.3.10, 32-bit), but both fail to load (php -m).

First of all, is there a way to determine if the version of PHP we are using is TS or NTS? Secondly, is there a way to determine why Xdebug is failing to load and / or a way to know for certain that I've grabbing the correct version of Xdebug?
laurin1

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun '22 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried using the complete build here, https://phpdev.toolsforresearch.com/php-5.3.29-nts-Win32-VC9-x86.zip, and that one fails to load as well:

c:\PHP5329>c:\PHP5329\php.exe -m
Failed loading php_xdebug.dll
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'ext\php_xsl.dll' - The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
in Unknown on line 0
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
calendar
Core
ctype
date
dom
ereg
filter
ftp
gd
hash
iconv
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysqlnd
odbc
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
SPL
standard
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Otomatic

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul '22 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For PHP 5.3.10, I don't know, but I still have a PHP 5.3.29 addon for Wampserver that works with the following configuration:
In the php/php5.3.29/zend_ext/ folder there is the file :
php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll TS

And, at the end of php.ini file there is :
Code:
; XDEBUG Extension
[xdebug]
zend_extension = "J:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.29/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable = off
xdebug.profiler_enable = off
xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = Off
xdebug.profiler_output_name = cachegrind.out.%t.%p
xdebug.profiler_output_dir = "J:/wamp/tmp"
xdebug.show_local_vars=0

You must adapt the paths to your own installation.

It is also necessary that the VC2008 VC9 redistributable packages are installed.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jul '22 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
in doubt use https://xdebug.org/wizard it will guide you to the correct download for you version.
laurin1

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul '22 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll TS (and php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll NTS), I'll check the wizard, but I'm pretty sure that is the correct version.

I don't know what I was thinking anyway, the problem is that this machine does not have VC9 installed (and I have no admin rights on this laptop). I was able to get Xdebug to load for PHP 5.5 (because it uses VC11), which may have to be good enough for my development for now (hopefully I can push and get us to 7.4 or 8 soon).
Jan-E

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jul '22 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the lines in your php.ini that should load php_xdebug.dll?

Last edited by Jan-E on Sun 10 Jul '22 2:27; edited 1 time in total
laurin1

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jul '22 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurin1 wrote:
I've tried php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll TS (and php_xdebug-2.2.7-5.3-vc9.dll NTS), I'll check the wizard, but I'm pretty sure that is the correct version.

I don't know what I was thinking anyway, the problem is that this machine does not have VC9 installed (and I have no admin rights on this laptop). I was able to get Xdebug to load for PHP 5.5 (because it uses VC11), which may have to be good enough for my development for now (hopefully I can push and get us to 7.4 or 8 soon).

I was wrong. I get VC9 installed, still does not load. I don't have access to the php.ini file, but the entries are the same for 5.5 as they are for 5.3, and they work for 5.5, but not for 5.3. Regardless, I get php_xdebug.dll failed to load when I do "c:\PHP\php.exe -m".
Jan-E

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul '22 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurin1 wrote:
I was wrong. I get VC9 installed, still does not load.
I already suspected that. I have never seen a (modern) Windows machine without the VC9 redistributable files installed. If those are not present a lot of things will fail.

laurin1 wrote:
I don't have access to the php.ini file, but the entries are the same for 5.5 as they are for 5.3, and they work for 5.5, but not for 5.3. Regardless, I get php_xdebug.dll failed to load when I do "c:\PHP\php.exe -m".
If you do not have access to the php-ini you do not know where the php_xdebug.dll file has to be present. Remember that the general recommendation is to put the full path in the 'zend_extension=' php.ini statement. Did you try
Code:
zend_extension = "c:/PHP5329/ext/php_xdebug.dll"
with my build, like you tried in https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=41321#41321 ?

php_xdebug.dll only depends on php5.dll (NTS) or php5ts.dll (TS), USER32.dll, WS2_32.dll, MSVCR90.dll (the VC9 runtime) and KERNEL32.dll. Almost every other PHP 5.3 extension has at least the same dependencies. PHP 5.5's php_xdebug.dll also has the same dependencies except for MSVCR110.dll in stead of MSVCR90.dll.

Please be sure that you do not use extension= to load php_xdebug.dll. The required php.ini statement is zend_extension. If you do not want to use a full path the statement usually is
Code:
zend_extension=ext/php_xdebug.dll
for PHP 5.3 with a partial path. In PHP 5.5 that was changed. Then this statement suffices
Code:
zend_extension=php_xdebug.dll
PHP 5.5+ will look in the directory with the other extensions.

If you cannot edit php.ini: try putting the php_xdebug.dll in the directory with php.exe (as well).

Last edited by Jan-E on Sun 10 Jul '22 3:05; edited 3 times in total
Jan-E

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul '22 2:42    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.10 & Xdebug - unable to find correct version Reply with quote

laurin1 wrote:
First of all, is there a way to determine if the version of PHP we are using is TS or NTS? Secondly, is there a way to determine why Xdebug is failing to load and / or a way to know for certain that I've grabbing the correct version of Xdebug?

Try
Code:
php -i | find "TS"

It will report either
Code:
Zend Extension Build => API220090626,NTS,VC9
PHP Extension Build => API20090626,NTS,VC9

or
Code:
Zend Extension Build => API220090626,TS,VC9
PHP Extension Build => API20090626,TS,VC9
laurin1

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul '22 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mean I did not access to the php.ini file at all, I just meant at the time of my posting the other day (I have to work only on a very secure laptop over VPN and I was away from it). Anyway, you gave me the answer, as here was my php.ini:

Code:

[XDebug]
zend_extension=php_xdebug.dll
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9003
; xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_autostart=1
; xdebug.idekey=vsc
; xdebug.profiler_enable=0
; xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger=0
; xdebug.profiler_output_name=%R.%S.cachegrind
; xdebug.profiler_output_dir=c:\inetpub\temp
xdebug.remote_log=c:\inetpub\temp\xdebug.log

I changed it to

Code:

zend_extension=ext/php_xdebug.dll

Now, it loads! Thanks.[/code]

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.3.10 & Xdebug - unable to find correct version View previous topic :: View next topic