logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: GD lib can not work in my Apache 2.2 +PHP 5.1.4
Author
CottonXuCN

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 3:35    Post subject: GD lib can not work in my Apache 2.2 +PHP 5.1.4 Reply with quote

The php works well in my apache web server.But when I test some gd function like imageCreate(), etc, it displays error like this:
Call to undefined function ImageCreate() in D:\Apache\htdocs\phptest\gd-jpg.php.

I am sure my other simepl test php pages can work well so there is no problem to enable php through httpd.conf in apache. I also made changes to php.ini with:
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension_dir = "c:/php5/ext"
but none of them works.
I also call phpinfo() to display php info and I found the following:
Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"
Server API Apache 2.2 Handler www.apachelounge.com

My env: windows 2000 + apache 2.2 + php-5.1.4.
Someone can help me for that. I've been working on it for the whole day.Thanks.
CottonXuCN

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fine now.I replaced php-5.1.x with php-4 and replaced Apache 2.2 with Apache 2.0. Everything is fine now.
Brian

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing out on all of the advantages of the newest versions of PHP and Apache. I run several servers but my busiest has be tied to PHP 4.x sadly, but that is going to be changing when I build my new server (very soon).

If I were you though, I'd be a little worried as to why you are not able to update your system to the newest PHP and Apache, 99% of the others out there can, and those that cannot usually is the result of very specific scripts that are extremely hard to upgade. In my case, I have web sites that cannot easily upgrade to MySQL 5 and PHP 5.
Brian

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I cannot think that 2000 is the issue here, but most of us use an NOS like 2003 or the old reliable XP Pro. I wonder if 2000 is the issue with GD. How did you install PHP, with the MSI or simply by installing and configuring the PHP environment manully?

I would like to help you figure this out, it is sort of bothering me too.

Finally, are you running PHP as a CGI, FCGI, or SAPI?

Reply to topic   Topic: GD lib can not work in my Apache 2.2 +PHP 5.1.4 View previous topic :: View next topic