logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: serving different index files for different sites
Author
mizerek

PostPosted: Wed 03 May '23 2:09    Post subject: serving different index files for different sites Reply with quote

hello

i have an ubuntu 22.04 vps that's running both php and Lucee server (ColdFusion).

today i setup a new website intending to install Wordpress.

everything installed fine, i can login to the WP admin page located at https://domain.com/wp-install/index.php and do regular backend admin tasks.

if it's worth noting i have phpmyadmin installed on the server and that works just fine also.

but if i try to visit the wordpress website at https://domain.com/index.php it's throwing a lucee error that there's no index.cfm even if type the index.php in the address.

two questions: 1) why is the wp-admin working (and all other php) just fine but the site isn't? 2) is there a simple way to fix this so the website serves index.php for my WP sites or should i just avoid running both file types on the same server?

thank you!
mizerek

PostPosted: Wed 03 May '23 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the answer

i had to add a directive to the website conf file

/etc/apache2/sites-available/mydomain.conf

this is the directive that worked:

Code:

<Directory "/var/www/mydomain.com">
    DirectoryIndex index.php
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
    Options MultiViews FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

Reply to topic   Topic: serving different index files for different sites View previous topic :: View next topic