logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot load d:/php514/php5apache2.dll into server: Page Previous  1, 2
Author
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun '06 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
php5ts is the main PHP file used by cgi and modul version Wink

Ah...then it seems there is an error in the official Apache documentation, because they tell you to use one or the other. Thanks!
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun '06 5:28    Post subject: Question about step "Copy php5ts.dll to c:\windows\syst Reply with quote

The how-to says
Quote:
copy "php5ts.dll" from d:\php514 to c:\windows\system32

Normally that is not neccessary if you put PHP in your PATH...
...do I still have the option to edit my PATH, or does Steffan's dll require that I use the "copy-to-system-folder" method?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jun '06 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, in my PHP config (and I use the dll from this page) I don't have to copy that to the Systemfolder. By setting PHPIniDir in httpd.conf it works without
Code:

PHPIniDir "/server2/php"
LoadModule php5_module "/server2/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

For PHP debugging, also when some modules or something else does not run. It is usefull to log the errors.
Code:

log_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_errors = Off
ignore_repeated_source = Off
report_memleaks = On
error_log = /server2/logs/phperror.log

After debugging this should turned off.
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jun '06 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your debugging options...I am sure they will be useful (as I would have Apache 2.2 running, but as soon as I installed PHP, Apache would refuse to start).
harricane

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jun '06 14:10    Post subject: apache2.2.2+php5.1.4 installation error Reply with quote

i also have the same problem even i followed pips' way, cannt get access to the server~~~
what ought i do .
message from china~
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jul '06 23:07    Post subject: Re: apache2.2.2+php5.1.4 installation error Reply with quote

harricane wrote:
i also have the same problem even i followed pips' way, cannt get access to the server~~~
what ought i do .
message from china~

Well, I also couldn't downlond and compile the C++ redistributable, which Steffan's instructions said to do to use his new module for Apache 2.2.2 (if you want PHP). It said some DLL was missing, but didn't tell me which one. For now, I moved back to Apache 2.0.55/PHP 5.1.2/MySQL 5.0.21.
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jul '06 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbyTech,

You tried to compile the VC++ redistribtable....Why? It's already compiled just install it.
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul '06 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnllan wrote:
HobbyTech,

You tried to compile the VC++ redistribtable....Why? It's already compiled just install it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean compile it...just download and install it...it won't let me, and tells me some DLL is missing, but doesn't say which one.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul '06 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded it here??

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

that files works. Just tested it.
jbdj

PostPosted: Mon 07 Aug '06 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

pips,

I followed your pdf document and all is working very well. Thanks.

I just would like to say that you forgot of say in document that the user must have download and installed the:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

JBDJ
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Tue 22 Aug '06 23:40    Post subject: Re: apache2.2.2+php5.1.4 installation error Reply with quote

HobbyTech wrote:
Well, I also couldn't downlond and compile the C++ redistributable, which Steffan's instructions said to do to use his new module for Apache 2.2.2 (if you want PHP). It said some DLL was missing, but didn't tell me which one. For now, I moved back to Apache 2.0.55/PHP 5.1.2/MySQL 5.0.21.

Sorry, I've been so busy for a few weeks...

...actually, I didn't have SP2 installed. I forgot, that was one of the things I couldn't install because I refused to download Windows' spyware (Windows Genuine "Advantage")!

I got confused b/c I was using XP Pro at school, too, at the time, which WAS SP2, and then Server 2003 which was SP1!

It took me several hours of wading through every single update available for XP, but I did find SP1a + SP2, and eventually found the IT version of SP2 which doesn't require WGA (and SP1a never did).

So now my system's up-to-date. I had already started applying all security patches manually and saying heck with the non-security patches, when I found these, so I re-formatted by C: partition and reinstalled XP Pro, then installed these.

I'm at school now, and when I get home I'll be installing all my software again...I don't know if I'll be able to install the C++ redistributable like I was the Service Packs, but if I can, I'll try the recent Apache setup!

I'll find out soon how I did in the Server 2003 class...today's our last class, but the take-home final (which I understand was combined from several real MSCE study books) is already done...it was difficult. I'm really not sure how I did, except I think somewhere from "passing" on up (maybe very good). I don't know if the instructor has already graded some people's finals. Some students have been here in the lab still working on theirs before class (we have to have it in by today)...

...please wish me luck!
Kris

PostPosted: Sun 15 Oct '06 19:02    Post subject: Elwyn, plz help Reply with quote

I am getting the same problem that you got, but mine is still not working after replacing the dll and downloading VC++. My server won't start.

Thanks
Kris
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 15 Oct '06 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

start apache in the console with
httpd -w -e debug -t
Kris

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct '06 21:09    Post subject: cannot load into server Reply with quote

hello people,
thanks for replying James. The error that I am getting is :
cannot load d:/PHP/php4apache2.dll

Believe me, the dll is in the specified directory. What do you believe should be done? I think I followed the manual and cross-checked several times.
Please help!

Thanks
kris
Kris

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct '06 21:58    Post subject: it worked Reply with quote

hey people,

it finally worked!! After uninstalling and reinstalling twice

Thanks Steffen, your tricks worked

Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot load d:/php514/php5apache2.dll into server: View previous topic :: View next topic