Keep Server Online
If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.
or
A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.
Thank You! Steffen
Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
| |
|
Topic: Apache Takes A Long Time To Start |
|
| Author |
|
apishdad
Joined: 01 Jul 2019 Posts: 59 Location: Canada, Toronto
|
Posted: Mon 28 Sep '26 19:22 Post subject: Apache Takes A Long Time To Start |
|
|
We had a older version of Apache 2.4.45 for a number of years and we decided to upgrade to Apache 2.4.68 recently. In the old version when I did
httpd -t -f ./conf/httpd-MAIN.conf
it came back very quickly and the service itself did not take a long time to start. Only 1-2 seconds.
I use the mod_proxy_balancer module and the size of our server pool has grown by 25%
Most of the configuration for our new config file is pretty much like before, but now when I login to the virtual machine at work and try to run the above command it takes 5 minutes to do that and then the service restart takes about 3-5 minute.
Is there a parameter in the new apache start that bypasses some checks when starting the service.
I asked CoPilot and it said that its taking time to verify DNS entries. I dont know whether that is right or wrong, but it must have done the same thing in previous versions too.
So how come in 2.4.68 its taking longer to start? |
|
| Back to top |
|
|
|
|
|
|