logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Site only visible locally
Author
jlimbo

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 14:44    Post subject: Site only visible locally Reply with quote

I'm new to apache and having problems with server config. The site is only visible form the host machine via either localhost or public ip, though not from remote machines. The problem is not going to be a port issue as the host is a standalone machine on a broadband modem with the firewall disabled. I've included the http.conf files contents below, less the server name, admin details and roots. Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
John

Admin note:
httpd.conf removed, see forum rules
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide more info, see forum rules.

Special which distro you are using and where did you downloaded it ?

Btw. makes no sense to drop you config, we all know what standard is in it. Please only post the changes you made. I removed it.

Steffen
jlimbo

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its apache 2.055 and i downloaded it as part of the DevSide server suite. And the only change i have made is to change from local host to the public ip
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct '06 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to ask the maker of the DevSide server suite. The suite has not the standard conf files as the official distrubution from apache.org and the apachelounge.

Steffen
Jorge

PostPosted: Fri 20 Oct '06 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
Better to ask the maker of the DevSide server suite. The suite has not the standard conf files as the official distrubution from apache.org and the apachelounge.

Steffen

The admin over there is very friendly,

Seems like a ISP might be blocking port 80 though.

Reply to topic   Topic: Site only visible locally View previous topic :: View next topic