logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 30-32kb/s upload limit
Author
azoapes

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct '06 16:21    Post subject: 30-32kb/s upload limit Reply with quote

Hi, when I put a file on the Apache 2.2 on WinXP Pro for others to download, they only get to download it 32kb/s... I have 10Mbit/s up, so it should at least go 10 times that fast... it isn't the php config because it's only a directory in which the files lay... they don't access it through php. It's the same when using direct link to the file too.

So what simple config do I have to do to enable upload speeds above 30-32kb/s ?
Helper_Solver

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct '06 17:57    Post subject: Upload Settings Reply with quote

Hey there,

There is nothing in the config for having a limit. So it always go by your upload. Many people have this problem. You should close any P2P software like Bearshare, Kazza, Limewire. Because those software share files over the internet. So people might be using your upload or just stop sharing your files and just download, that will be in the options. So download bandwidth monitor pro to check how much people are using from your upload. Or how many people are downloading on your apache. The more downloads, the slower the upload. Upload is like downloading, it will spilt if you download or upload more at once.
azoapes

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct '06 18:01    Post subject: Re: Upload Settings Reply with quote

Helper_Solver wrote:
Hey there,

There is nothing in the config for having a limit. So it always go by your upload. Many people have this problem. You should close any P2P software like Bearshare, Kazza, Limewire. Because those software share files over the internet. So people might be using your upload or just stop sharing your files and just download, that will be in the options. So download bandwidth monitor pro to check how much people are using from your upload. Or how many people are downloading on your apache. The more downloads, the slower the upload. Upload is like downloading, it will spilt if you download or upload more at once.

It will only split if you have half duplex. Your post did not help. I have 10Mbit/s upload, and the problem occurs when I do not traffic the cable other than upload.
azoapes

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct '06 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is fixed by turning off EnableSendfile in httpd.config

Problem solved!

Reply to topic   Topic: 30-32kb/s upload limit View previous topic :: View next topic