logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apachi CGI interface to third party exe
Author
jonny

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec '06 19:34    Post subject: Apachi CGI interface to third party exe Reply with quote

I am creating a web product for a company that already has developed a desktop product written in a proprietary software language, and have come to the conclusion that the fasted way to get the product out the door is to use the code the already exists in the third party language and interface apache with the executable through CGI. Someone has already done this in this language but the source is protected and not redistributable by any means.

I am new to defining apache script processors. I am familiar with how to define them:

Apache config -

#
# Pvx as a script processor
#
ScriptAliasMatch \.pvw /var/www/cgi-bin/pxp.cgi

CGI Script -

#!"C:\Program Files\...\...\pvx.exe" *plus/apache/pxp_cgi -arg arguments here.

What I do not understand at this point is the way that I will communicate back with apache. Basically I need to pass it text that contains JSON responses. The only explanation I have come across is to write to temporary text files on the drive which seems inefficient. Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

- Jonny
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 06 Dec '06 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when apache calls the CGI executable
it write the content of the file - the first line to the STDIN of the executable
It then waits for the STDOUT reply of the application. Or times out if it isn't send

Reply to topic   Topic: Apachi CGI interface to third party exe View previous topic :: View next topic