logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: using phpBB to restrict access to rest of server.
Author
Organic Angel Alexiel

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec '06 10:56    Post subject: using phpBB to restrict access to rest of server. Reply with quote

I use phpBB for the main of my site. I want to know if there is a way to prevent access to the directory index unless you are logged on to phpBB. And if so, how? I know of mod_auth_php, but I don't want people to re-enter their username and password. I was thinking of maybe mod_auth_cookie, and using the phpBB cookie. I would just use the headerName directive but for some reason, that does not work for me.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec '06 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

LoadModule auth_phpbb_module modules/mod_auth_phpbb.so

#
# Configuration for mod_auth_phpbb
<IfModule mod_auth_phpbb.c>
    <Location /restricted>
        AuthPhpBBMySQLHost localhost
        AuthPhpBBMySQLPort 3306
        AuthPhpBBMySQLDB phpbb
        AuthPhpBBMySQLUser phpbb
        AuthPhpBBMySQLPassword phpbb
        AuthPhpBBPrefix phpbb_
        AuthPhpBBMySQLKeepAlive off
        AuthPhpBBMySQLAuthoritative on
    </Location>
</IfModule>
# End of mod_auth_phpbb.
Organic Angel Alexiel

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec '06 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work. Didn't think it would. Have already tried it. But when it does work, you get a dialog box that asks for your user name and password.

Maybe there is a way to use phpBB's cookie for information...
I could just use phpBB's session management... but I cannot get apache to let me use custom header/footer for the autoindexed directory lists.
(winXP Pro, apache 2.2.3 win32 ssl, php 5.2, mysql 5.0)

Though, thanks for the attempt.

Reply to topic   Topic: using phpBB to restrict access to rest of server. View previous topic :: View next topic