logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: cannot uninstall/install! "internal error 2753"
Author
meathook

PostPosted: Fri 15 Dec '06 3:54    Post subject: cannot uninstall/install! "internal error 2753" Reply with quote

Hi,

I cannot install / uninstall Apache 2.2.3 server :

When I try to reinstall it, it won't install : the installer gives only the "repair" and "remove" option, and for both I get this error :

"Internal error 2753 httpd.exe"

Is there a solution to fix that?

Thank you,

Patrick
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 15 Dec '06 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you download Apache? Did you download a *.msi file?
meathook

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec '06 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it was orginally download from a msi Sad
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec '06 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please download a msi from a mirror and try again. Do you have installed the newest version from microsoft installer?

Or you can follow the setup from here, which will work Very Happy

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570
meathook

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec '06 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It doesn't work.

You mean the ?

And installing the apache (not msi) will not let me remove current apache (msi) (even after doing the "httpd -k uninstall").
I don't have the current apache (msi), it's just hasn't uninstalled completely, so I cannot reinstall the msi. The error comes after I do "repair" or "remove" with the msi.

Thank you,
Patrick
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec '06 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could give this a try from a command window:
Quote:
msiexec /fav apache_2.2.3-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

where apache_2.2.3-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi is the original .msi you installed from.

This instructs the Windows installer to refresh all the installed files in your Apache installation.

-tom-
meathook

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec '06 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried, but
same "internal error" error Sad
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec '06 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. It sounds like Apache 2.2.3 was installed from a .zip file on top of an Apache 2.2.3 installed from a .msi.

Here's another tactic you can try. I don't know if it will fix your situation, since I've never had error 2753 before - but it has worked to clear up some .msi install problems for me occaisionally.
    * If the Apache Monitor is running in your System Tray, right-click and Exit it.
    * Make sure the Apache service is stopped.
    * Delete everything from your Apache directory except the three subdirectories \conf, \logs, and \htdocs
    * Use Control-panel Add/Remove Programs to Change Apache 2.2.3 and choose Repair
    * If Repair is successfull - you can then use Control-panel Add/Remove Programs to Remove Apache

Hope this helps.

-tom-
meathook

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec '06 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not an apache directory for the apache that I have problem.
For that msi version, not everything is gone, cause apache msi is not able to install again ("internal error"!).

In add/remove programs, I have apache listed, but there's no button ("remove", "modified", ...).
steefwa

PostPosted: Thu 25 Sep '14 0:48    Post subject: cannot uninstall/install! "internal error 2753" Reply with quote

Just delete the old Apache directory and install Apache again. Apache will create a new directory and will no longer show the 'internal error 2753'

Reply to topic   Topic: cannot uninstall/install! "internal error 2753" View previous topic :: View next topic