logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: ModSecurity 2,0.4 released
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 15 Nov '06 17:41    Post subject: ModSecurity 2,0.4 released Reply with quote

ModSecurity 2.0.4 has been released. The Win32 binary is available for immediate download from the Apache Lounge

Changes since 2.0.3 are:

* Fixed the "deprecatevar" action.

* Decreasing variable values did not work.

* Made "nolog" do what it is supposed to do - cause a rule match to not be logged. Also "nolog" now implies "noauditlog" but it's possible to follow "nolog" with "auditlog" and have the match not logged to the error log but logged to the auditlog. (Not something that strikes me as useful but it's possible.)

* Relative paths given to SecDataDir will now be treated as relative to the Apache server root.

* Added checks to make sure only correct actions are specified in SecDefaultAction (some actions are required, some don't make any sense) and in rules that are not chain starters (same). This should make the unhelpful "Internal Error: Failed to add rule to the ruleset" message go away.

* Fixed the problem when "SecRuleInheritance Off" is used in a context with no rules defined.

* Fixed a problem of lost input (request body) data on some redirections, for example when mod_rewrite is used.

Steffen
SabinF

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov '06 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems using the module. I am using the rules provided on the module website and it gives errors when trying to start Apache with these rules active. When I don't have any configuration made for ModSecurity, Apache starts without problem.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov '06 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any error message when you start Apache with in a DOS box : httpd.exe -e debug ?

What happens when you only run the few rules I have put as example in the .zip ?

Steffen
SabinF

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov '06 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have compiled my own DLL and since now I didn't had any problems. It complains about SecDefaultAction.
DADE

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 20:37    Post subject: Problem with mod_security2 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem with mod_security. I have Apache 2.0.59 on Windows XP Professional, and mod_security-2.0.4-win32.

I have folowed the instructions on the zip, but when starting Apache i get this error:

"Cannot load C:/WebServer/Apache/Apache2/modules/mod_security2/mod_security2.so into server: specified module cannot be found"

On my httpd.conf i have discommented the line:
LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so

And added:
LoadModule security2_module modules/mod_security2/mod_security2.so

I have copied httpd.exe.manifest on C:\WebServer\Apache\Apache2\bin

So, what is the problem?? I need to charge mod_security quickly.

Thanks for the help and bye
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that you download the wrong version. Did you download mod_security-2.0.4-2.0.x-w32.zip or mod_security-2.0.4-win32.zip?
DADE

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit, i have mod_security-2.0.4-win32.zip

Trying that, thank's man
DADE

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have another error:

"Syntax error on line 176 of C:/WebServer/Apache/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `mod_security2_module' in file C:/WebServer/Ap
ache/Apache2/modules/mod_security2/mod_security2.so: No error"

What about this??

thanks, cheers
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to change that line to

LoadModule security2_module modules/mod_security2/mod_security2.so

Please read the "Readme First.txt" in the zip file you downloaded!
DADE

PostPosted: Sat 23 Dec '06 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read man but not fixed focus on that Shocked

So, now it's working. Thank you.

Cheers Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: ModSecurity 2,0.4 released View previous topic :: View next topic